TRICKS AND FEATURES YOU PROBABLY DIDN’T KNOW WERE THERE:
Instagram has grown tremendously over the past few years, and more and more brands are adopting it as a primary social engagement tool. With the rise of Stories last year, the image-sharing platform has successfully rolled out some serious competition to Snapchat– an app that may or may not be what your design brand needs.
There are 4.2 billion posts liked on Instagram on a daily basis. Yes, you’ve read that right. There are approximately 600 million active users each month, and about 150 million daily users just on Stories – so yes, Instagram is a tool you want to master if you want your design brand to stand out on social.
We’ve gone through the many little tricks that could help you get more out of your Instagram account, from general fixes to finer posting solutions meant to make your social experience better. It’s time to get a bigger piece of Instagram action for your design business.
SEE ALL THE POSTS YOU’VE LIKED
It often happens that you like different things every day on Instagram, but sometimes you do need a little bit of inspiration for your own content, so why not look at what you’ve double-tapped in the past?
Instagram makes it possible for you to see the latest 300 posts that you’ve recently liked. Consider it a good exercise to see what it is that catches your eye.
- Go to your profile.
- Tap the gear icon on your Apple device or the three dots on Android, to go to Options.
- Tap Posts You’ve Liked.
This feature only works in-app, and is not available on the desktop version of Instagram.
REARRANGE THE ORDER OF FILTERS
Like most of us, you probably have a few filters that you’re particularly fond of. Furthermore, we do recommend maintaining a visual uniformity on Instagram by using the same filters – consistency is key.
So, why not make it easier to access them first, rather than sliding through all of them each time you post? You can even hide the ones you don’t use at all.
- When posting a photo or a video, go to Filter.
- Scroll to the end of your filters and tap Manage.
- Press and hold the three-line icon next to each filter on the left-hand side of the screen, to rearrange their order.
- You can now check or uncheck the circles next to each filter on the right-hand side of the screen, in order to hide or unhide them.
- Click Done and there you have it, settings saved!
PIN YOUR POST TO PINTEREST
Just like Instagram, Pinterest is an extremely visual and powerful social platform – it is, in fact, the first go-to spot for interior designers in search of inspiration. So, yes, re-posting your Instagram content on Pinterest makes all the sense in the world for your design brand.
At the moment, Pinterest isn’t listed as a network choice when sharing a post from Instagram, and you can’t Pin from the post itself either. However, there are two ways in which you can still Pin from within the Instagram app or desktop.
How do you do it on mobile?
- Go to the post you want to Pin.
- Tap the three dots above your post, to the right.
- Select Copy Share URL to copy the post link to your clipboard.
- Open the Pinterest app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the person icon to visit your own profile.
- Then tap the plus sign icon at the top right of your screen to add a new Pin.
- Once the Add a board or Pin menu appears, select Copied Link.
- Pinterest will automatically open the link from your clipboard.
- Choose the image you’d like to Pin and from there on, everything will work out as usual.
How do you do it on desktop?
- Visit Instagram.com and find the post you want to Pin.
- Right-click on the post and select Open Link in New Window.
- Use the Pinterest Browser Button to choose the image you wish to Pin and finish your posting as usual. And done!
SAVE POSTS WHERE ONLY YOU CAN SEE THEM
We’re sure you go through Instagram like we do, scrolling through impressive amounts of visuals every day. When you see something you really like, you really wish you could save it for later, right? Well, now you can do that with a little-known feature of Instagram, where you can save posts to an area on your profile that only you can see.
How do you do it?
- Go to a post you’d like to save.
- Tap the bookmark icon underneath it, on the right-hand side of the screen.
- To see your saved posts, visit your profile and tap the matching bookmark icon – you can find it next to the Photos of You
Continue reading full article Coshamie